Wild Shots, They're My Life Comprehension
- 1. The informational selection is most like a __________.
B) fairy tale
D) magazine article
- 2. The author of this selection grew up in ________.
C) the Galapagos Islands
D) the United States
- 3. As an adult, the author is able to take good photos of animals because she _________.
A) travels all over the world
B) has a good camera to take photos
C) gives food to the animals
D) waits until the animals are used to having her around
- 4. The author hurried to take a photo of the penguins because the _______.
A) chick was furry
B) parents were walking away
C) parents were feeding the chick
D) chick was sleeping
- 5. How is a Galapagos Marine Iguana different from other lizards?
A) It eats in the ocean
B) It looks like a dragon
C) It has sharp claws
D) It has spines on its back.
- 6. The author was able to take a photo of the iguana because she ______.
A) put her camera in a waterproof case
B) had a waterproof camera
C) covered her camera in a mask
D) kept her camera out of the water
- 7. In Tui De Roy's opinion, what makes a photo exciting?
A) that the animals are minding their own business.
B) that the photos are taken on islands
C) that the animals are furry and feathered
D) that the animals are rare
- 8. Why were the elephant bull seals fighting?
A) They were fighting over food.
B) One was mad because the other one fell on him.
C) Fighting was their way of playing.
D) Each of them wanted to be in charge of the beach.
- 9. According to De Roy, what was it like to take the photo of the elephant seals?
- 10. In this article, shotsmeans ______.
- 11. Which word best tells how the author feels about wild animals?
- 12. All the animals in this selection belong to a group of animals that _______.
A) live near the ocean
B) have four legs
C) can swim
D) have scales
- 13. Any of these words could describe Tui De Roy in the selection. Choose the word you think "best" describes Tui De Roy. "curious" "daring" "patient" Support you choice with "two" details from the selection.
- 14. The author's purpose for writing this story may have been to inform about how to take wild life pictures. Support this purpose with "two" details from the story.
Students who took this test also took :Pepita talks twice comprehension
Ramona forever comprehension
Lon po po comprehension
1.D 2.C 3.D 4.B 5.A 6.A 7.A 8.D 9.D 10.B 11.C 12.A 13. 14.