parts of speech- adj, v, art, n, pro
- 1. In the sentence "Billy is a good friend to Jack who treats others nicely." what is the verb?
A) is treats
B) is friend
C) Jack Billy
D) treats others
- 2. In the sentence " Jerille is running to the store." which word is an article?
- 3. In the sentence "Kansas doen't have many people." which words are nouns ?
A) Kansas doesn't
B) many people
C) doesn't have
D) Kansas people
- 4. In the sentence "When we go to the movies, we eat popcorn." what are the verbs?
A) go eat
B) to when
C) movies we
D) eat popcorn
- 5. In the sentence "I love eating spicy food at Mexican restaurants." what are the adjectives ?
A) I at
B) Mexican spicy
C) spicy food
D) love eating
- 6. In the sentence "I put my work on the table and pushed my chair in," what are the prepositions?
A) on the
B) on in
C) in my
D) I my
- 7. In the sentence "Lunch at school is never very good." what is the preposition?
- 8. In the sentence "I was at a museum" what is the article?
- 9. In the sentence "Can we eat large pieces of pie? what is the adjective ?
- 10. In the sentence "Earth is a beautiful green planet which spins very fast," which words are nouns?
A) green planet
B) is spins
C) Earth planet
D) beautiful green
1.A 2.D 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.C 8.C 9.B 10.C