parts of speech- adj, v, art, n, pro
- 1. In the sentence "Billy is a good friend to Jack who treats others nicely." what is the verb?
A) Jack Billy
B) is friend
C) treats others
D) is treats
- 2. In the sentence " Jerille is running to the store." which word is an article?
- 3. In the sentence "Kansas doen't have many people." which words are nouns ?
A) many people
B) Kansas doesn't
C) Kansas people
D) doesn't have
- 4. In the sentence "When we go to the movies, we eat popcorn." what are the verbs?
A) to when
B) go eat
C) eat popcorn
D) movies we
- 5. In the sentence "I love eating spicy food at Mexican restaurants." what are the adjectives ?
A) I at
B) love eating
C) spicy food
D) Mexican spicy
- 6. In the sentence "I put my work on the table and pushed my chair in," what are the prepositions?
A) in my
B) on in
C) I my
D) on the
- 7. In the sentence "Lunch at school is never very good." what is the preposition?
- 8. In the sentence "I was at a museum" what is the article?
- 9. In the sentence "Can we eat large pieces of pie? what is the adjective ?
- 10. In the sentence "Earth is a beautiful green planet which spins very fast," which words are nouns?
A) beautiful green
B) is spins
C) Earth planet
D) green planet
1.D 2.D 3.C 4.B 5.D 6.B 7.A 8.A 9.B 10.C