- 1. 1. One of the following secrets synovial fluid which acts as a shock absorber.
A) Synovial fluid
C) Synovial cavity
D) Synovial membrane
- 2. 2. -------------- joint allows movement in almost all directions
C) Ball and socket
- 3. 3. Muscles are attached to bones by means of strong whitish cord called ----------
- 4. 4. Muscles have two points of attachments which are ------- and ---------
A) Ball and socket
B) Bicep and tricep
C) Voluntary and involuntary
D) Insertion and origin
- 5. 5. The feeding mechanism in housefly is known as --------
A) Lapping and sponging
B) Biting and chewing
D) Trapping and absorbing
- 6. 6. One of the following is not a sucking mouth part of animals exhibiting a sucking mechanism
- 7. 7. The following are media of transportation in mammals except ---------.
C) Body fluid
E) Colloidal solution
- 8. 8. In unicellular organisms, substances can move to all parts of the body by diffusion because of the following except -------
A) Materials have to move over short distances.
B) The body is small in size
C) Surface area to volume ratio is large
D) Surface area to volume ratio is small
- 9. 9. The following are constituents of the plasma except --------
B) Excretory products
C) Lymphatic vessels
D) Antibodies and Blood proteins
- 10. 10. One of the following antibodies cause microorganisms to stick together in the body and reduce their pathogenic actions.
- 11. 11. ---------- converts the fibrinogen which exists normally in a colloidal state in the blood plasma to fibrin
- 12. 12. All but one of the following are what make up the mammalian circulatory system
- 13. 13. -------- is the valve which lies between the left auricle and the left ventricle
A) Biscupid valve
C) Septum valve
D) Chordea valve
- 14. 14. -------- is the valve which lies between the right auricle and the right ventricle
A) Triscupid valve
B) Biscupid valve
C) Chordae valve
D) Systole valve
- 15. 15. ----------- release a substance thrombokinase in the presence of calcium ion to convert an inert chemical substance in plasma into active thrombin.
- 16. 16. The following are the characteristics of leucocytes except -------
B) Concave and circular
C) Amoeboid in shape
- 17. 17. One of the following is not peculiar to the red blood cell
A) Colourless when seen singly
B) Old ones are destroyed in the liver
D) Circular and concave
- 18. 18. The following are parts of the chewing and biting mouth parts except ---------
- 19. 19. Pulmonary artery is the blood vessel connected to -------------.
A) Right ventricle
B) Left ventricle
C) Left auricle
D) Right auricle
- 20. 20. All but one of the following is not a characteristic of the veins.
A) Carries blood under low pressure
B) Carries blood towards the heart
C) Posses valves.
D) Posses thick elastic wall