- 1. If there was a high pressure mass directly over Omaha, you would probably expect the weather to be this.
- 2. Clouds that are wispy and associated with changes in weather are:
A) cumulus clouds
B) cirrus clouds
C) stratus clouds
D) nimbus clouds
- 3. Clouds that are blanket-like and low to the ground and often associated with stormy weather are:
A) cirrus clouds
B) nimbus clouds
C) stratus clouds
D) cumulus clouds
- 4. Clouds that look like puffy balls of cotton and typically come out during mild weather are called...
- 5. You see a number of large nimbus clouds in the area. What type of weather might you expect from these clouds?
B) Sunny Weather
C) Fog or Light Mist
- 6. If a low pressure system moved into the area, what might I expect
A) Colder temperatures
B) No change in weather
D) Clear skies
- 7. If the barometer was at 5 on Sunday and 8 on Monday, did the pressure increase or decrease?
- 8. Which is more dense (heavier)?
A) Warm air
B) Medium air
C) Cold air
A) Go through cold air
B) Go under cold air
C) Go over cold air
- 10. There is cold air in my area and a warm air mass comes in from the west. What type of front does this form?
- 11. If temperatures start to lower in my area, what type of front is probably in the area?
- 12. Which of the following is not a form of precipitation?
- 13. True or False: Water must have something to attach to, like smoke, to form a cloud.
- 14. The amount of water vapor in the air is referred to as:
- 15. If there was a wind blowing towards you from the equator, it would proably feel:
- 16. High pressure from Canada would most likely bring:
A) Colder weather
B) A south wind
C) A herd of bears
D) Warmer weather
- 17. When would you expect to have the most severe weather?
A) A cold front meets another cold front.
B) A warm front with dry air meets a cold front with moist air.
C) Two high pressure areas meet.
D) A warm front with moist air meets a cold front with dry air.
- 18. Hurricanes form over:
A) Cold ocean water with low pressure areas
B) Warm ocean water with high pressure
C) Warm ocean water with low pressure areas.
D) Cool ocean water with high pressure
- 19. What is the main cause of weather changes on earth?
C) Polar winds
- 20. It is colder in the winter because the part of the earth we live in:
A) God is blowing on the earth.
B) Receives low amounts of sun
C) There is high pressure from equatorial winds.
D) Receives high amounts of sun.
- 21. What type of front do you see in this picture?
- 22. Give two reasons that the southeastern part of the United States is receiving so much rain and snow in this picture.
- 23. What type of pressure system is nearest Omaha in this picture?
- 24. True or False: High pressure means that the temperature is going up.
- 25. Which climate zone has only a rainy season and a dry season?
- 26. Which climate zone remains frozen all year?
- 27. Bill sees leaves are falling on the ground after a very pleasant summer, but you know winter will be coming soon. In which type of climate zone is Bill?
- 28. A group of scientists are doing studies about global warming. They are performing tests in the stratosphere. What are they probably studying in the stratosphere?
B) Ozone Layer
- 29. Weather occurs in the...
- 30. When we take a deep breath, we breath in mostly oxygen and which of these other gases?
- 31. Clouds are formed when water turns from a gas, into a liquid. This is called...
- 32. Describe each part of the water cycle. Make sure to include terms "liquid turns to a gas" and "gas turns to a liquid"
- 33. Which type of pressure system will push all the clouds out and bring clear skies?
- 34. What will warm air do next to cold air?
A) warm and and cold air will sit side by side
B) cold air will float on top of warm air
C) warm air will float on top of cold air
- 35. What type of clouds are these?
- 36. If you experience four seasons, you live in this climate zone...
- 37. What type of clouds are these?
- 38. Warm fronts are represented by these.
A) Red lines with half ovals
B) Blue lines with triangles
C) Red lines with triangles
D) Blue lines with ovals
- 39. Cold fronts are represented by these.
A) Red lines with triangles
B) Blue lines with ovals
C) Red lines with half ovals
D) Blue lines with triangles
- 40. Based on what you see in this weather map - do you think there will be dry conditions or precipitation in Florida over the next couple days.
- 41. Make a prediction for the next two days for Omaha using this map. Include the clouds, pressure changes, and precipitation.
- 42. Which of the following is not an ingredient of a tornado?
A) Warm Moist Air
B) Warm Dry Air
C) Cold Dry Air
D) Variable Winds