- 1. 1. One of the following secretes synovial fluid which acts as a shock absorber.
A) Synovial cavity
C) Synovial tissue
D) Synovial membrane
- 2. 2. -------------- joint allows movement in almost all directions.
A) Ball and socket
- 3. 3. Muscles are attached to bones by means of strong whitish cord called ----------
- 4. 4. Muscles have two points of attachments which are ------- and ---------
A) Voluntary and involuntary
B) Bicep and tricep
C) Insertion and origin
D) Ball and socket
- 5. 5. The feeding mechanism in housefly is known as --------
A) Biting and chewing
B) Trapping and absorbing
C) Lapping and sponging
- 6. 6. One of the following is not a sucking mouth part of animals exhibiting a sucking mechanism
- 7. 7. The following are media of transportation in mammals except ---------.
B) Colloidal solution
C) Body fluid
- 8. 8. In unicellular organisms, substances can move to all parts of the body by diffusion because of the following except -------
A) Surface area to volume ratio is large
B) Surface area to volume ratio is small
C) Materials have to move over short distances.
D) The body is small in size
- 9. 9. The following are constituents of the plasma except --------
A) Lymphatic vessels
C) Excretory products
D) Antibodies and Blood proteins
- 10. 10. One of the following antibodies causes microorganisms to stick together in the body and reduce their pathogenic actions.
- 11. 11. ---------- converts the fibrinogen which exists normally in a colloidal state in the blood plasma to fibrin
- 12. 12. All but one of the following are what make up the mammalian circulatory system.
- 13. 13. -------- is the valve which lies between the left auricle and the left ventricle
A) Chordea valve
B) Septum valve
C) Biscupid valve
- 14. 14. -------- is the valve which lies between the right auricle and the right ventricle
A) Systole valve
B) Chordae valve
C) Triscupid valve
D) Biscupid valve
- 15. 15. ----------- release a substance thrombokinase in the presence of calcium ion to convert an inert chemical substance in plasma into active thrombin.
- 16. 16. The following are the characteristics of leucocytes except -------
C) Amoeboid in shape
D) Concave and circular
- 17. 17. One of the following is not peculiar to the red blood cell
A) Circular and concave
B) Colourless when seen singly
D) Old ones are destroyed in the liver
- 18. 18. The following are parts of the chewing and biting mouth parts except ---------
- 19. 19. Pulmonary artery is the blood vessel connected to -------------.
A) Left auricle
B) Right auricle
C) Right ventricle
D) Left ventricle
- 20. 20. All the following are characteristics of the veins except ___.
A) Carries blood towards the heart
B) Posses thick elastic wall
C) Posses valves.
D) Carries blood under low pressure