Quiz on 10b Newton's 3 Laws of Motion
- 1. Which of Newton's Laws of Motion is called the Law of Inertia?
- 2. Which of Newton's Laws of Motion states that objects at rest tend to stay at rest and objects in motion tend to stay in motion unless acted upon by an unbalanced force?
- 3. The tendency of a moving object to continue in a straight line or a stationary object to remain in place is called -
- 4. Which of Newton's Laws of Motion states that force equals mass times acceleration?
- 5. According to Newton's 2nd Law of Motion, force equals -
A) mass times acceleration
B) mass subtract acceleration
C) mass plus acceleration
D) mass divided by acceleration
- 6. Which of Newton's Laws of Motion states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction?
- 7. Which of the following is defined as a push or a pull?
- 8. When a teacher stands at the front of the class, the force of gravity pulls her toward the ground. The ground pushes back with an equal and opposite force. This is an example of which of Newton's Laws of Motion?
- 9. An object's inertia depends on its mass.
- 10. How much force is needed to accelerate a 90 kg skier 2 m/s2?
A) 45 kg/ms2
B) 92 N
C) 180 N
D) 180 kg/ms2
Students who took this test also took :
1.C 2.C 3.A 4.B 5.A 6.B 7.D 8.A 9.A 10.C