- 1. A regulation volleyball game is played to ____ points, but you must win by 2 points.
- 2. What is it called when you step on or over the line while serving?
A) Foot fault
B) Net violation
D) Side out
- 3. A ___________ is the name of a hit when the ball is contacted with the fingertips above the head.
B) Forearm pass
- 4. What is a type of pass where the hands are clenched together and contact is made between the wrists and elbows?
B) Overhead pass
D) Forearm pass
- 5. What is the name of the hit used to begin each point?
- 6. What is the maximum number of hits a team can use to get the ball over the net during play?
- 7. If a player hits the ball twice consecutively, it is called what?
B) Net violation
C) Double hit
- 8. If a player hits the ball with two open palms, it is called a ______.
C) Hand violation
D) Double hit
- 9. Which of these is NOT a type of hit?
B) Forearm bump
- 10. How many attempts does a player have to get the serve over the net?
- 11. (T or F) Teams flip a coin to determine who serves first.
- 12. (T or F) A player may hit the ball twice during a volley.
- 13. (T or F) The team will rotate each time they win the serve.
- 14. (T or F) A player may not spike a serve.
- 15. If a serve hits the top of the net, but continues over the net, it is a _________.
A) Point for the other team
C) Playable ball
D) Out of bounds
- 16. (T or F) A point is scored on every serve of the ball.
- 17. Is a ball that hits the boundary line considered in or out?
- 18. A ball that is served to the other team where no one touches it is called a(n) ______.
- 19. (T or F) Players rotate counterclockwise.
- 20. (T or F) A game may be won with a score of 30-29.
1.B 2.A 3.D 4.D 5.B 6.D 7.C 8.B 9.D 10.C 11. F 12. F 13. T 14. T 15.C 16. T 17. In 18.A 19. F 20. F