- 1. A regulation volleyball game is played to ____ points, but you must win by 2 points.
- 2. What is it called when you step on or over the line while serving?
B) Side out
C) Foot fault
D) Net violation
- 3. A ___________ is the name of a hit when the ball is contacted with the fingertips above the head.
B) Forearm pass
- 4. What is a type of pass where the hands are clenched together and contact is made between the wrists and elbows?
A) Forearm pass
C) Overhead pass
- 5. What is the name of the hit used to begin each point?
- 6. What is the maximum number of hits a team can use to get the ball over the net during play?
- 7. If a player hits the ball twice consecutively, it is called what?
A) Double hit
D) Net violation
- 8. If a player hits the ball with two open palms, it is called a ______.
C) Hand violation
D) Double hit
- 9. Which of these is NOT a type of hit?
D) Forearm bump
- 10. How many attempts does a player have to get the serve over the net?
- 11. (T or F) Teams flip a coin to determine who serves first.
- 12. (T or F) A player may hit the ball twice during a volley.
- 13. (T or F) The team will rotate each time they win the serve.
- 14. (T or F) A player may not spike a serve.
- 15. If a serve hits the top of the net, but continues over the net, it is a _________.
A) Playable ball
B) Out of bounds
C) Point for the other team
- 16. (T or F) A point is scored on every serve of the ball.
- 17. Is a ball that hits the boundary line considered in or out?
- 18. A ball that is served to the other team where no one touches it is called a(n) ______.
- 19. (T or F) Players rotate counterclockwise.
- 20. (T or F) A game may be won with a score of 30-29.
1.C 2.C 3.C 4.A 5.C 6.B 7.A 8.A 9.C 10.A 11. F 12. F 13. T 14. T 15.A 16. T 17. In 18.A 19. F 20. F