Science Vocabulary: The Sun and Planets
- 1. An orbit is a ____________.
- 2. Including Pluto (which may or may not be a true planet), how many planets are there?
- 3. The solar system is made up of the ____________ and all of the objects around it.
- 4. A planet is a large body of gas or ____________ that orbits the sun.
- 5. Earth is the __________ planet from the sun.
- 6. The sun is a ___________ because it is a hot, glowing ball of gases.
- 7. Which planets are the first and eight planet?
A) Earth and Pluto
B) Mercury and Neptune
C) Saturn and Jupiter
D) Mars and Venus
- 8. What is a tool that is used to gather light to make faraway objects look closer?
- 9. A curved piece of glass is called a _____________.
- 10. Which of the following is not a part of the solar system?
A) the ocean
B) the planets
C) the moon
D) the sun
Students who took this test also took :
1.A 2.B 3.A 4.D 5.C 6.A 7.B 8.D 9.C 10.A