- 1. School starts at 8:15 am. It takes Limar 30 minutes to reach school by tricycle, 15 minutes to eat and 30 minutes to get ready. What time should he get up?
A) 7:00 am
B) 7:05 am
C) 7:15 am
D) 6:50 am
E) 7:10 am
- 2. I think of a number, double it then subtract 8. I am left with 22. What was the original number?
- 3. A number is multiplied by seven, and then the product is added to 13. The result is 55. What is the number?
- 4. There were 56 birdhouses at school. Today, 4 classes made mora birdhouses. Each class made 8 birdhouses. How many total birdhouses are there now?
- 5. I think of a number and add three to it, multiply the result by 2, subtract 4 and divide by 7. The number I ended up is 2. What was the number I first thought of?
- 6. Mr. Santos had 32 markers in his classrooms. He buys new boxes of markers that have 9 markers in each box. Now he has 86 markers. How many boxes he bought?
- 7. Joy had 274 postcards in the collection. She wanted to give Edna of her postcards. Joy gave Edna 8 postcards from each sets of postcards. How many postcards did Joy left?
- 8. Steve has 273 stickers. Joshua has twice as many stickers as Steve. How many stickers do they have altogether?
- 9. Mrs. Palay baked 793 muffins. She gave 148 muffins to her neighbours. She packed the remaining muffins equally into 5 boxes. How many muffins were there in each box?
- 10. Benjamin bought some cookies. He packed them into 35 jars of 7 cookies each. He then had 9 cookies left. How many cookies did he buy?
- 11. Andy, Bryan and Susan had 220 sweets. Andy had twice as many sweets as Bryan. Susan had 40 sweets. How many Sweets did Bryan have?
- 12. The basic arithmetic operations for real numbers are addition subtraction, multiplication and division
A) Disregarding useless information
B) Backward method
C) Convert words into symbols
D) Basic operation
E) Build a list or a table
- 13. Apply the operation in inverse order until you find starting number.
A) Backward method
B) Build a list or a table
C) Disregarding useless information
D) Convert words into symbol
E) Basic operations
- 14. By using convert words into symbols, these are words that used in multiplication except?
- 15. Convert words into symbol using division. Except?
C) Divided by