- 1. The lens in the eyepiece of the microscope is called the
A) diaphragm lens
B) objective lens
C) ocular lens
D) eypiece lens
- 2. The lenses located on the nosepiece of the microscope are called
A) nosepiece lenses
B) diaphragm lenses
C) ocular lenses
D) objective lenses
- 3. If the magnification power of the ocular lens is 10X, and the magnification power of the objective lens is Scanning (4X), the total magnification is
- 4. Which should you NEVER use on high power?
A) revolving nosepiece
C) course adjustment knob
D) fine adjustment knob
- 5. How do you carry a microscope?
A) You never carry a microscope, you always slide it
B) Two hands on the arm
C) One hand on the base and one on the arm
D) With two hands: one under the stage and one under the eye piece
- 6. You can use a microscope to view three dimensional objects like your finger or pencil.
- 7. You always start on the lowest power objective
- 8. It is ok to slide the microscope carefully so your partner can see what you have found.
- 9. Always adjust the knobs slowly.
- 10. There are no real safety issues with using a microscope besides dropping the microscope.