- 1. Two point charges, +Q and -Q, are placed 5 cm apart. What is the electric field strength at a point midway between them?
A) 0 N/C
- 2. A wire of resistance 8 Ω is connected in series with another wire of resistance 4 Ω. What is the equivalent resistance?
A) 4 Ω
B) 3 Ω
C) 12 Ω
D) 8 Ω
- 3. A circuit has a 12 V battery connected to three resistors in series: 4 Ω, 6 Ω, and 8 Ω. What is the total current flowing through the circuit?
A) 0.5 A
B) 3 A
C) 1 A
D) 2 A
- 4. Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor is directly proportional to
A) Voltage across the conductor
B) Resistance of the conductor
C) Square of the voltage across the conductor
D) Inverse of the resistance of the conductor
- 5. A straight wire carries a current of 2 A. What is the magnitude of the magnetic field at a distance of 4 cm from the wire?
A) 2.0 × 10-6 T
B) 4.0 × 10-6 T
C) 3.0 × 10-6 T
D) 1.0 × 10-6 T
- 6. The magnetic field inside a solenoid is stronger when
A) The number of turns is increased
B) The current through the solenoid is decreased
C) The length of the solenoid is increased
D) The diameter of the solenoid is decreased
- 7. In an AC circuit, the voltage across a resistor is given by V = V₀sin(ωt). What is the peak voltage?
- 8. A charge of 2 μC experiences a force of 4 N in an electric field. What is the magnitude of the electric field?
A) 16 N/C
B) 2 N/C
C) 8 N/C
D) 4 N/C
- 9. A circuit has a 12 V battery connected to three resistors in parallel: 2 Ω, 3 Ω, and 6 Ω. What is the total resistance of the circuit?
A) 4 Ω
B) 2 Ω
C) 1 Ω
D) 3 Ω
- 10. Which of the following materials is a good conductor of electricity?
- 11. A moving charge experiences a magnetic force when
A) The charge is moving parallel to the magnetic field
B) The charge is moving perpendicular to the magnetic field
C) The charge is moving opposite to the direction of the magnetic field
D) The charge is at rest
- 12. Coulomb's law states that the force between two charges is directly proportional to
A) The square of the distance between them
B) The product of their magnitudes
C) All of the above
D) The inverse of the square of the distance between
- 13. A circuit has a 9 V battery connected to a resistor. If the current in the circuit is 3 A, what is the resistance of the resistor?
A) 6 Ω
B) 27 Ω
C) 3 Ω
D) 9 Ω
- 14. The unit of electric power is
A) Joule (J)
B) Watt (W)
C) Volt (V)
D) Ohm (Ω)
- 15. The magnetic field inside a solenoid with a ferromagnetic core is
A) Weaker than in an air-core solenoid
B) The same as in an air-core solenoid
C) Stronger than in an air-core solenoid
- 16. The force experienced by a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field is maximum when the angle between the conductor and magnetic field is
A) 0 degrees
B) 45 degrees
C) 180 degrees
D) 90 degrees
- 17. Ampere's law relates the magnetic field around a closed loop to the
A) Voltage across the loop
B) Resistance of the loop
C) Electric field inside the loop
D) Current passing through the loop
- 18. The impedance of a purely resistive circuit is equal to
A) The reactance of the circuit
C) The resistance of the circuit
D) The sum of the resistance and reactance
- 19. The state of a body at rest or in uniform motion is .........
- 20. ......... is the single force acting alone which would produce the same effect as the two forces put together
- 21. When taking a penalty kick, a player applied a force of 30N for a period of 0.05 seconds if the mass of the ball is 0.075 kg. Calculate the speed within which the ball moved.
A) 35 m/s
B) 30 m/s
C) 20 m/s
D) 25 m/s
- 22. A ball of mass 0.5 kg moving at a velocity of 28 m/s is suddenly hit by a force of 6N for 0.04 second. Find the new velocity.
A) 28.048 m/s
B) 18.06 m/s
C) 26.6 m/s
D) 18 m/s
- 23. ......... is referred to as the turning effect force about a point or axis
- 24. In elastic, collision ......
B) Gain energy
C) Loss momentum
D) Loss energy
- 25. The two types of curved mirrors are ..........
A) Concrete and Cornered
B) Conflict and Complex
C) Concave and Convex
D) Artificial and Natural
- 26. ......... is the line drawn through the poles of a mirror and the center of curvature
A) Principal focus
B) Radius of curvature
C) Principal axis
- 27. The point at which all rays parallel and close to the principal axis converge at reflection is ........
B) Center of curvature
C) Principal focus
D) Principal axis
- 28. Which of these is not true when object is located beyond
A) The image formed is diminished
B) The image formed is inverted
C) The image formed is real
D) The image formed is same size as object
- 29. The two types of prism are ......... and ........
A) Longitudinal and Transverse
B) Linear and Circular
C) Concave and Convex
D) Rectangular and Triangular
- 30. The velocity of sound can be measured using the following method except
A) Stationary method
B) Resonance tune method
C) Echo method
D) Wave method