- 1. Wealth sent from one country or ruler to another as a sign of superiority or power
B) Code of Laws
- 2. The way a country or region uses resources to produce and sell or trade goods and services to meet people's needs and wants
D) Resource trading
- 3. A large territory in which several groups of people are ruled by a single leader or government.
D) Territory leadership
- 4. Written laws and rules
C) Code of Laws
- 5. A city that is the center of government for a region or state.
- 6. A military blockade and attack on a city to force it to surrender
A) Standing Army
C) Strike Attack
- 7. Fill in the Blank: Hammurabi first used a ________ to rule the Babylonian Empire.
A) Code of Laws
- 8. Fill in the Blank: Agade was the ________ of the Akkadian Empire, and became a very wealthy and powerful cultural center.
- 9. Fill in the Blank: Sargon used ________ as a military strategy to get into the walls of the Sumerian city-states and conquer the city.
A) Forced aggression
B) Strike Attacks
D) Battering Rams
- 10. Fill in the Blank: Today, the _____________ of the Middle East is dependent on oil in order to trade and sell.
B) Code of Laws
- 11. Fill in the Blank: After taking over a city by force, Sargon would demand that the city-state give him ____________ to take back to display in his city as a show of power.
D) Cuneiform Tablets
- 12. Fill in the Blank: Over the course of several thousand years, four different ____________ were able to unite and rule over the city-states of Sumer for large periods of time.