- 1. An organisms that breaks down dead and decaying matter
- 2. An animal that eats only plants for food
- 3. An animal that eats both plants and animals
- 4. An animal that eats both omnivores and herbivores
- 5. Many food chains that are linked together are called a ________________.
A) food link
B) food string
C) food web
D) food circles
- 6. Which of the following is a producer?
- 7. An example of an omnivore would be a ___________________.
D) praying mantis
- 8. The animal that is hunted by its predator
- 9. An example of an herbivore would be a ______________.
- 10. An example of a decomposer would be a ____________________.
A) a bird
B) a person
D) a tree
- 11. The living parts in an ecosystem are called
B) abiotic factors
D) biotic factors
- 12. The direction an arrow faces in a food chain points to who is ___________________.
A) eats plants
B) eats meat
C) getting eaten
D) doing the eating
- 13. The nonliving parts in an ecosystem are called
C) biotic factors
D) abiotic factors
- 14. Carnivore that hunts for its food
- 15. Organisms that make their own food for energy are called
- 16. Organisms that cannot make their own food and get energy from other organisms are called
- 17. The straight path in which energy is passed from the sun, to producer, to consumers is called a
A) food web
B) food chain
C) food highway
D) food line
- 18. The living and nonliving factors in an environment and all their interactions
A) food web
- 19. An important abiotic factor that means the typical weather pattern in an environment
- 20. All the members of a species that live in an ecosystem
- 21. All of the populations in an ecosystem
- 22. The home of an organism within an ecosystem